• High school diploma or equivalent required. Associate’s degree preferred.
• Minimum 2 years of experience in a product development related assembly environment.
• Ability to read engineering drawings and understand assembly drawings, preferred.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions.
• Strong attention to detail and performing tasks accurately.
• Must demonstrate high standards of quality workmanship.
• Must have strong mechanical aptitude and ability to problem solve.
• Must be a self-starter, detailed oriented, and have the ability to work independently and with a team to meet tight deadlines.Must exhibit high levels of self-control, self-confidence and flexibility.
• Must be able to use manual tools and power equipment safely.
• Ability to perform physical activities such as, but not limited to, lifting equipment (up to 50 lbs. unassisted), bending, standing, stooping, kneeling, reaching and walking. Must be able to push and pull heavy components up to 300 lbs. to be hoisted with hydraulic cranes and jacks.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• May require occasional travel to client sites.
- Knowledgeable in one or more of the following areas preferred:
- Mechanical mechanisms.
- Bolted joints and the associated threaded fasteners.
- Welded joints.
- Composite structures.
- Basic control systems and the importance of their operation.