Green Card USA

Greencard through employment

What Is Green Card?

A Green Card is the official card issued by the US Immigration Service (USCIS) to foreign nationals granting them permanent residency in the USA. A Green Card allows you to live and work in the United States of America. It is officially called Form I-551, the Permanent Resident Card. Green Card holders are known as ‘Lawful Permanent Residents’ of the USA (‘Immigrants’).

There are multiple ways to obtain a so-called US Green Card (permanent residence). One way is through a family member. The other way is to obtain Green-card is Employment-based Green Card.

The three types of Employment-Based Green Cards.

EB-1: These visas are designed for certain international executives and managers; outstanding professors and researchers; and those who have extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business or athletics.

EB-2: This category is for foreign nationals professionals with an ‘advanced degrees’ (masters degree or higher) and with a job offer from a U.S. company; for foreign nationals with ‘exceptional ability’ in the sciences, business or arts and with a job offer from a U.S. company; and for foreign nationals with exceptional ability, or an advanced degree, who can show that their activities will substantially benefit the U.S. national interest. 4 years Bachelors degrees with 5 years of working experience are also eligible.

EB-3: This category is for ‘professional workers’ with a U.S. bachelor’s or foreign equivalent degree and with a job offer from a U.S. company; for ‘skilled workers’ for positions that require at least two years of training or experience and with a job offer from a U.S. company.

Employment Based Green Card Application Procedure

To become a Green Card holder through the Employment Based Application, you must have a permanent employment opportunity in the USA and go through a multi-step process

First you join a company and you are introduced to the attorney, she/he sends a questionnaire to see which criteria you fit best.Once the category is determined then the attorney with the consultant’s qualification tries to get job order and wage determination approved.

What is Job Order & Wage Approval ? 

Job Order- This is to see whether the consultant fits the job with the required skills. We need to place this on Department Homeland Security website and we need to post this in our company board for people to look at this posting. This needs to be posted for at-least 60 days.

Wage approval- With the qualification, skills and number of years experience the USCIS- has criteria to match and approve the wage that the candidate can be well suited. That means the company should offer him salary per year.

There are 3 steps for obtaining a Green Card through Employer

Step 1:PERM Process

Program Electronic Review Management PERM is the process for obtaining labor certification, the first step of the green card process for foreign nationals seeking permanent residence through their employment.

To obtain an approved PERM Labor Certification, the employer must prove (through newspaper advertising and other recruiting methods) that they were unsuccessful in recruiting a qualified U.S. worker for a certain position.

Step 2: I-140 Process

It is your employer who file for the I-140 petition, with the following.

  • Filled Form I-140
  • Approved PERM (Labor Certificate).
  • Proof of the financial position of your employer/company in the form of an audited financial statement or a statement from the CFO of your company.
  • Experience letters from all your previous employers.
  • Other documents such as degree certificates, qualification letters etc. may be required.

Step 3: I-485 Process

General Terminology Associated with AOS I-485 Filing

  • Medical Examination
  • Finger Printing
  • EAD (Employment Authorization Document)
  • Advance Parole (AP)

We have over two decades of Experience in handling Employment based Green Cards under EB2, EB3 Categories, we Comply with USDOL Regulations for PERM Process and I-140 Process with the USCIS.